The following are the core beliefs of Westminster Presbyterian Church - FL based on the foundational truths taught in the bible. All of our teaching and ministry is rooted in and flows out of these biblical doctrines.
we are christian
Westminster(pca) affirms, together with all three major branches of Christianity and all orthodox Christians throughout history, the Apostles' Creed, the Nicene Creed, and the Definition of Chalcedon, believing them to be faithful expressions of what Scripture teaches about who God is, what he has done, and what he is doing and will do in the world. You can read these creedal statements at the links below.
We are protestant
Westminster (pca) affirms the principles of the Protestant Reformation, also known as the Five Solas of the Reformation: Salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, accomplished by the finished work of Christ alone, and authoritatively communicated to us through Scripture alone, all to God's glory alone. You can read a fuller explanation at the link below.
- The Five Solas of the Reformation (theopedia.com)
we are reformed and presbyterian
Among Protestants, we believe the best expression of what Scripture teaches is to be found in what we call the Westminster Standards. Each of us as pastors, elders, and deacons take vows to uphold and teach the doctrine contained in these standards, so this is the fullest and most accurate statement of our faith. Also, our church is a congregation of the Presbyterian Church in America and these three documents form the heart of our denomination's constitution.
We exist to worship the Lord, evangelize the lost and develop and deploy maturing disciples.
We seek to be a church characterized by life change, reproducing disciples, and ministry deployment.
- We believe God speaks today through the Bible – God’s inspired and inerrant word. The Bible is timeless and relevant, sufficient in its entirety for all times and all people and is our only authoritative and trustworthy rule of faith and practice.
- We believe God works through the ordinary means of grace (Word and Sacraments) as the normative means by which God’s people grow in their understanding of the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe God desires his people to pray and that he hears and answers their prayers. Therefore, prayer is the foundational endeavor to all we do.
- We believe God cares for those far from him and that he has invited his people to carry out his search and rescue mission on earth through evangelism and missions.
- We believe God designed us for community and that small groups provide the greatest avenue to form authentic Christian community
Take a moment to meet the staff at Westminster(pca). Contact them via email by clicking the button near each profile.
Pastor Byron grew up in Forney, TX (just outside of Dallas) and became a believer at the age of 14. After graduating from Texas A&M University – Commerce with a degree in Political Science, he enrolled at Dallas Theological Seminary where he earned his MA in Christian Education. Byron and his wife Jennifer were married in 2007 and have three children, Elijah, Evie, and Nora. Pastor Byron loves fishing, kayaking, and reading. He is also a doctoral student at Reformed Theological Seminary in Orlando.
Worship Director Randy Thomas grew up in Southern California in the Jesus Movement. After touring with Sweet Comfort Band, Randy helped form the band Allies. Randy and Lori were married in 1986 and relocated to Franklin Tennessee in 1990, founding Radio Ranch recording studio. Some of Randy’s best known songs are Butterfly Kisses (Bob Carlisle), Why’d You Come In Here Lookin’ Like That? (Dolly Parton), and I Want To Praise You, Lord. Randy and Lori were called to Westminster in 2007. Their grown children are Crystal, Randall and Sarah.
Lori grew up in Redlands, California. She was singing with Christian act Willing Heart when she met her husband Randy. They were married in 1986 and relocated to Tennessee in 1990, founding Radio Ranch Recording studio. In 2002, they began leading worship at Grace Fellowship PCA until they were called to Westminster (pca) in 2007. Their grown children are Crystal, Randall and Sarah.